The last few years have seen Infographics gaining immense popularity especially when it comes to digital marketing. Content creators are using them extensively as they appeal to the user bringing more traffic. Specifically, owners are using infographics on social media sites like Twitter or Facebook to engage more customers.
Infographics are successful in delivering crucial data in a simple form. It helps the target audience/companies/firms to understand the data easily and make use of them. That is why creating effective infographics helps them generate huge traffic for their website.
Are you wondering about the influence of Infographics in content marketing? Well, let’s find out more about it. But first, let’s find out what they are.
Infographics- An Introduction
- Infographics are a medium of communication that uses a mix of design, writing, and analysis to simplify complex data. They use in-depth information about any topic and present it in a visual form.
- Infographics are a great medium to communicate a message without it sounding boring or complicated. Infographics engage the audience with visual information that can even go viral.
- Infographics are the best marketing strategy for digital space as they appeal more to the users.
Why Infographics Are Useful In Content Marketing?
They compel and appeal the audience
People love to read an article with facts, figures, images, and statistics. It makes the article more engaging. Since users can save the infographics, they don’t have to note down important points. It saves time and makes the content more appealing to them.
Human beings see visual data first
Human beings are visual beings, and our brain detects visual data fast. So, in order to make sure that people read your article, adding Infographics is crucial.
MGD advertising report states that content that has visual elements attracts more views by 95% as compared to content with no visuals. Thus adding Infographics will help to increase your viewership, increasing the chance of the post going viral. Also, it increases the chances of social sharing of the content higher, which again helps it become viral.
It Creates Brand Awareness
Infographics can create awareness about your brand or product or services amongst the users. When you use informative visuals that are precise, they can become an effective communication tool. Owners can use this to make people aware of their brand as it will describe the brand through visuals. And as we know, people consume visual data fast and retain them too.
Increase In Traffic
Users like to share Infographics that provide relevant information. It means that more people will be exposed to your content increasing the traffic.
Search Engine Optimization
A viral infographic will make other sites index and link to your page. It will automatically make Google rank you higher as per their algorithm. It will help with the SEO of your website.
It shows expertise in the subject
Creating infographics requires a lot of research and knowledge. If you create an informative and engaging infographic, it will surely show the user that you have expertise about the subject.
How to make effective Infographics?
- Make it Unique: For an effective infographic, you need to add a unique twist to it. A unique visual will appeal and engage more audience. So, make sure that you add something interesting to an ordinary graph. Or present the information in a unique way.
- Don’t overwhelm the audience: Infographics are a great way to present data visually. But don’t overwhelm them with too much data or designs or colors. It will make them lose interest in your content as it will be hard to understand. And the point of infographics is to make data simple for the user to comprehend.
- Minimal text: Infographics should have minimal text, but it should provide all the relevant information.
- Add sharing buttons: For more traffic, viral content and exposure to many users, you need to add sharing buttons. Let the user have the option to share the infographics/content on their social media accounts. Thus, integrating a social sharing button that is easy to operate is crucial.
Lastly, if you are not so good at designing, you can choose Canva Infographics maker tool to design an infographic within minutes. The tool comes with hundreds of templates that you can use. Now, that you know the importance of infographics gets creating. Without any doubt, getting them right is a challenge. But if you follow the above tips and provide relevant and accurate data and they will be successful.